Healthwatch Cumbria (HWC) has been asked by the west, north and east Sustainability and Transformation Programme (STP) to organise a series of events to enable representatives of the STP to meet with, and listen to patient, family and carers about their experiences of receiving their treatment at a distance. The STP is aware that a number of patients, families and carers have to travel long distances – often receiving treatment at a hospital further away from the one nearest to where they live.
The STP is eager to hear from those whose experience could help inform future changes and improvements. If you are unable to attend any of the venues but you would like to feedback your experiences, then please can you complete the form below:
Members of the STP will be present at the events to provide information and answer issues around possible criteria, for example,
- Travel & transport
- Appointment and visiting times
HWC staff will facilitate and record the conversations that take place and these will form the basis of a HWC report which will be submitted to the STP.
The events are open to the public however as places are limited could you please contact Sue Hannah ( HWC Senior Engagement Officer) at email@example.com or call 01900 607208 if you intend to come stating which event from the following you wish to attend.
- Wednesday 1/2/17 5 – 7 Best Life Building, Botchergate, Carlisle
- Thursday 2/2/17 5:30 – 7:30 Best Life Building, Oxford Street, Workington
- Friday 3/2/17 11:00 – 1:00 The Wave Centre, Irish Street , Maryport
- Monday 6/2/17 11:30 – 1:30 Guide Hall, St Georges Road, Millom
- Tuesday 7/2/17 5:00 – 7:00 United Reform Church, James Street, Whitehaven
- Wednesday 8/2/17 10:30 – 12:30 St. Andrews Church Rooms, St Andrews Place, Penrith
- Friday 10/2/17 11:00 -1:00 Rawnsley Suite, Rawnsley Centre, Main Street Keswick
- Tuesday 14/2/17 2pm-4pm Seascale Methodist Church, Seascale, CA20 1PU
- Thursday 16/2/17 2pm-4pm Alston House, Townfoot, Alston , CA9 3RN