Mission, Vision and Values
Healthwatch Cumbria is the consumer champion for health and social care in Cumbria. Our staff and representatives are working to ensure that people who live in Cumbria have their health and social care needs heard, understood and met.
This will mean that the people of Cumbria:
- Shape health and social care delivery
- Influence the services they receive personally
- Can hold services to account
We will work to deliver our aims by:
- Listening carefully to people, especially the most vulnerable, to understand their experiences and what matters most to them.
- Influencing those who have the power to change services so that they better meet people’s needs now and into the future.
- Empowering and informing people to get the most from their health and social care services and encouraging other organisations to do the same.
- Working with the Local and National Healthwatch networks to champion service improvement and to empower local people.
All of our work is informed by our values:
- We are open and honest
- We work for people of all ages.
- We cover all health and social care services.
- We work for everyone and have staff trained to work with the most vulnerable.
- We contribute to making change happen.
- We are responsive.
- We translate what we learn from people into action.
- We are innovative and creative to deal with different situations and circumstances.
- We work with the Local and National Healthwatch networks to make an impact both locally and nationally.
Independent and Accountable
- We are independent of health and social care providers and act on behalf of all patients and users of services.
- We listen to the people of Cumbria and speak loudly on their behalf.
- We challenge those in authority to design and improve better health and social care services.
- We like to highlight what works well and point out when things have gone wrong.
- We operate independently and are accountable to the local people of Cumbria.
Credible and Reliable
- We value your knowledge and experience.
- We seek out information and intelligence to inform the facts.
- We acknowledge, celebrate and share good practice in health and social care.
- We work to achieve the highest standards.
Accepting and Respecting
- We recognise and make use of experience, capacity and skills of partners.
- We are respectful towards all people.
- We maintain a positive and forward-looking focus and work with others to get things done.
- We work in partnership with the public, health and social care sectors and the voluntary and community sector.
- We learn from people’s experiences and from specialists and experts.
- We build on what is already known and work in collaboration with others to develop, improve and share good practice.
- We promote and support the involvement of local people in the monitoring, commissioning and provision of local health and social care services.
Our Strategies and Plans for 2017-2021